Yay its only two days to the weekend and not only have I managed to get through the working day without throttling anyone (it helps that I work from home and only have myself to contend with) but I also remembered that I was nominated for the Versatile Blogger Award by Working Mum – to be or not to be a few days back now. Thank you very much for the recognition. It does mean an awful lot when I receive these nominations.
The Versatile Blogger Award was created to feature and recognise blogs that have unique content, high quality of writing, and fantastic photos. As the webpage about the Versatile Blogger Award says: Honour those bloggers who bring something special to your life whether every day or only now and then.
The Rules of the Versatile Blogger Award:
Thank the person who gave you this award, and include a link to their blog.
Nominate blogs that you’ve recently discovered or follow regularly.
Share 7 interesting things about yourself that people might not know.
7 Interesting Things
- I must have fresh boiled water each time I have a cup of tea. It tastes stale or stewed if boiled more than once and I can always tell if the kettle hasn’t been freshly boiled. If you’re going to have a brew, make sure its done proper. No second boiling shite on my watch.
- I absolutely love musicals. I think one of my favourites is the Rocky Horror Show. The first time I watched it, I was sat wondering what parallel universe I’d entered. It was bloody crazy but brilliant. I’ve got tickets to Flashdance and Kinky Boots this year. Can’t actually wait!
- I love a good list. You can’t beat writing a to do list and crossing it off as you go. I tend to write a list each day. I don’t think I ticked anything off my work to do list today though (bad times).
- I want to write a best selling novel. I’d love to be an author. I’m okayish at writing small flash fiction but have writers block when it comes to thinking up the big idea. If anyone has a good plot/twist out there let me know. I’d happily go halves on the royalties after writing it for us both 😉
- I used to have a crush on Ben Affleck. My husband sent me the Armageddon DVD whilst he was serving in the Falklands just so I could get a Ben fix whilst he was away. I knew he was a keeper then.
- You can’t beat having a bath; yankee candle on the go and glass of wine in hand. To top it off; fresh sheets on the bed and clean PJs to jump into. Bliss.
- I can’t sing. I love to belt out a good old power ballad but I am tone deaf. My aunt once said I sounded like a cat pissing on a tin lid (true story).
Blogs I am currently enjoying (in no particular order):
Enjoy the rest of your evening guys and gals. I’m off to pour myself a glass of rose wine and chill out with my kiddywinks. Thanks once again for the nomination Working Mum.