I’ve recently racked up a couple of nominations for awards. I thought it would be good to respond to these on one post. I hope I haven’t missed any. Give me a kick if you’ve recently nominated me.
Rup Arya (thank you) nominated me for the Sunshine Blogger Award. I recommend heading over to her blog for lots of insightful posts and tales.
Sunshine Blogger Award Rules
- Thank the blogger who nominated you in a blog post and link back to their blog
- Answer the 11 questions they came up with for you to answer
- Nominate 11 new bloggers and write 11 questions for them to answer
- List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo on your post or blog
1. Do anyone knows about your blog outside? i.e. friends, family. What does they think about it?
Yes, I also have a Facebook page and share my WordPress posts through that. If you would like to follow me I’d love some more followers: https://www.facebook.com/swervestrikesback/
2. What is true friendship?
True friendship is not seeing someone for a while but when you meet up it’s like nothing has changed. I am lucky enough to have a fabulous group of friends who I consider ‘true’ friends.
3. What u think about love and poetry? Do u think that they both are related?
I think love is poetic. I do believe they go hand in hand but as with anything, poetry can be related to other notions too for example dark poetry.
4. What’s your favorite quote and how much it means to u?
I have several. I couldn’t single out a favourite. It changes on a daily basis.
5. What’s your favorite song and the lines in it that moved you?
My favourite song is Forever Young by Bob Dylan. It is absolutely beautiful. I associate it with my children. Its also a song my dad sung to me when I was growing up. Here is the first verse:
May God bless and keep you always
May your wishes all come true
May you always do for others
And let others do for you
May you build a ladder to the stars
And climb on every rung
May you stay forever young
Forever young, forever young
May you stay forever young.
6. When you were counting your last breaths which moment of your school life u want to experience again?
The feeling that you have your whole life ahead of you and can do anything you dream.
7. What u think about your parents?
I think they do their best and that’s all anyone can hope for.
8. What blogging means to u?
Its stress relief.
9. What do u think about Hitler’s ghost? If u get a chance to meet him will u say a yes? Why?
No thanks. The man was a raving lunatic.
10. What u are UNDERSTAOOD by the topic ‘A DEAD LYING LIFE’?
I have no idea what this means? lol.
11. How much a piece of paper mean to u?
Depends whose face is printed on it. 🙂
I would like to nominate any bloggers out there who need a bit of sunshine in their life. I’d like to see you answer the questions that I have above.
One Lovely Blog Award
Confessions of an Irish Procrastinator nominated me for this award (thank you). She has an absolutely cracking blog. Please do head over to her site and give her a follow. You wont be disappointed. I promise.
Thank the person who nominated you
Share seven things about yourself
Nominate seven other bloggers and inform them (I’ve picked 3)
Seven things about me…hmmm…
I had a few drinks last night and booked five tickets to see Riverdance in July in Dublin. I clearly wasn’t thinking straight (eeek). I tend to do impromptu things from time to time.
My first job was working behind a bar pulling pints. It was probably the funniest job I ever had. I loved the interactions with customers and the venue often had live music on. Getting paid to listen to live music…ooh the hardship.
I had an epidural with my first child. I was 21 at the time and didn’t have a high pain threshold.
My favourite fizzy drink is Irn Bru. A couple of glasses of that and a pack of pork scratchings (yuck) is a great hangover cure.
I set the same New Years resolution every year: to lose a stone in weight. I’m failing miserably. I actually need to lose two. Since my wedding (18 months ago) I’ve put on a stone :O
Forest Gump is one of my all time favourite movies. I love it! I actually watched it this morning whilst eating a bacon, tomato and cheese toasted sandwich (nom).
I’d made a pact with myself that if I wasn’t engaged before my 30th Birthday that I wouldn’t get married (I didn’t want to be an old bride, stupid reason I know). Fortunately my other half proposed a few days before my 30th. I’m now a happily married mother of two. My children are LIFE (aren’t they beautiful).
My nominations (should you wish to partake in the Lovely Blogger Award):